Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Sunspots Through My Telescope 28 July 2011 + 31 July 2011

!!! WARNING !!! NEVER LOOK DIRECTLY AT THE SUN! ALWAYS USE A SUITABLE SUN FILTER!!! This is the sun as seen through my telescope. Zo kun je de zonzien door mijn telescoop. Ceci est la soleil, vu à travers mon télescope. Die Sonne wie du die durch mein Teleskop sehen könnst. It's been a very (very) long time since I've uploaded a video of the sun, but since the sunspot groups were looking so good and the weather was so beautiful, I didn't have a reason not to film them. The video is a small collection of the images I took on 28 July and 31 July 2011. You can see several sunspot groups in it. The yellow color is simply a layer I put over the video. My images were all in black and white. The still images at the beginning and at 0:49 - 0:59 are from www.spaceweather.com where you can find an updated image of the sun every day. The other still images were made by me using RegiStax 6.1. Music """""""" Sunburst by Bryan El from the album Spiritual Evolution Telescope details: """""""""""""""""""""""""" Omegon Telescope on a Vixen Super Polaris Mount (Newtonian Reflector) Focal Length = 920 mm (= 36 inch) Mirror Diameter = 130 mm (= 5 inch) Focal length used eyepiece: 25 mm (= 1 inch) 11 mm (= 0,4 inch) Also used a 2x Barlow Lens Magnifications: 36x, 83x, 167x Filters used: Baader Planetarium Solar Filter Foil =================================== Digital Camera: Sony Cybershot DSC-W350

No comments:

Post a Comment