Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Contest Entry for Sharksbiteoflife's Welcome to the Neighborhood Contest

So my look was inspired by pictures of the metro station I used to get to work everyday and by some things at the front of my apartment complex. The red squiggles all over one side of my face were my interpretation of the graffiti at the metro station. On that same side of my face there are some gray rectangles which were inspired by the inside of the metro station. In addition, I kept the eyeshadow colors on that side fairly neutral using browns, grays, and blacks which to me represented more urban colors. On the other side of my face, the green and red were from the sculpture at the front of my apartment complex, and the silver squares were taken from the sideboard thing underneath the starburst mirror in the lounge at the front of my apartment complex. Lastly, it's kind of hard to see in the pictures but on that side of my face I also have a spiky false eyelash that I painted silver as inspired by the sunburst mirror. This was my first venture into makeup on youtube and I had a lot of fun, so a huge thanks to Sharksbiteoflife for an awesome contest!

No comments:

Post a Comment